Education transforms lives, helps to eradicate poverty and drives sustainable development.
Companies and organisations around the world are becoming increasingly aware of the need for and benefits of socially responsible behaviour. However, to date, education has been shown to be under-funded compared to other areas.
With UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation) recommending that governments spend 20% of their budget on education, and that 20% of aid should go towards education initiatives, a Corporate Social Responsibility commitment is important – both locally and internationally.
“Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world”
For this reason motoreasy is supporting education in two ways:
Supporting UK charities committed to children otherwise failed by mainstream schooling. Driven by passion and dedication, their work ensures young people can
maximise their educational potential, wellbeing and self esteem. This work focuses on supporting children with additional education and/or social and emotional needs.
The aim of these charities is in allowing children to develop:
- Emotional and social development
- Educational development
- Development of communication skills
- Physical and sensory development
- Independence and life skills
Providing the foundations for these key life skills from an early age allows children to proceed towards a brighter future, confident in their abilities.
Around the world 58 million primary school age children are out of education, with a further 63 million adolescents not attending secondary school. In parts of rural Africa in particular, 80% of children may never finish primary school.
motoreasy is proud to be an active sponsor of the Build AFRICA charity which focuses on sustainable, community-led development projects; creating opportunities to learn and earn in Kenya and Uganda.
motoreasy are working with Build AFRICA on two projects:
1. Building classrooms for young students, providing a more stable learning environment
2. A scholarship programme, offering young children the chance to attend school regularly, without the weight of payment on their shoulders
Our aim is to support this work in a variety of areas across Kenya. Improving the lives of vulnerable children and supporting the livelihoods of overlooked communities is a fantastic cause.
Global Education Facts
- "A child whose mother can read is 50% more likely to live past the age of 5."
- "171 million people could be lifted out of poverty if all students in low-income countries completed school with basic reading skills.”
- "Investing in education for girls can boost sub-Saharan Africa agricultural output by as much as 25%"
Source: Global Partnership, 2014
motoreasy believes that education is a right, not a privilege, and a power for positive change. We are committed to supporting opportunities that improve